There's no greater opportunity to change the world than through teaching.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you're considering a career in education—or want to sharpen existing teaching skills by earning a master's degree or completing a licensure program—talk to us.
- Students in the Klipsch Educators College experience one of the most innovative teacher preparation programs in Indiana and the nation.
- When you join them, you'll graduate career-ready with the knowledge and skill to serve as a teacher-leader who inspires young people and makes a difference in your community.
Why choose Marian?
The mission-driven Klipsch Educators College is recognized for educating next-generation teachers and educational leaders who consistently achieve exemplary learning outcomes for all students.
We prepare K-12 teachers who are:
- Talented in instructional delivery and skilled in classroom management.
- Experienced in building meaningful relationships with students who have diverse backgrounds and educational needs.
- Values-oriented, passionate, and proud to be educators.
Earn an undergraduate or graduate degree in education at a university that's recognized as a national model of excellence for developing K-12 teachers and school leaders who serve their communities.
What makes us different?
The Klipsch Educators College has adopted a fresh approach to teacher education that's transforming schools throughout the United States. Here are a few highlights:
- Our five-year program includes a one-year residency similar to those at Harvard University and New York University. Upon completion, you will graduate with both a bachelor's and a master's degree in education.
- The residency includes a one-year paid teaching and mentoring experience during which you'll receive additional supervised training to connect with students in high-need schools. It includes an $18,000 paid master's degree PLUS a $12,000 residency stipend.
- Courses are delivered in an accelerated, eight-to-ten semester format. Learning outcomes are focused on building competency-based master skills.
- You will receive early, frequent, and varied classroom experience, including post-graduate mentoring from a master teacher for up to one year.
- For a global perspective on best educational practices, you will study abroad in high-performing schools.
- High-achieving high school graduates who enter Marian with AP credit, dual credit, and/or who take summer courses may complete the program in fewer than ten semesters.
- We want to help you graduate with little to no student debt.
What will you study?
You will become exceptionally proficient in your chosen content area(s), including in-demand specialties like special education, mathematics, biology, and chemistry, and English as a second language. Our hands-on, experiential degree programs include:
The Klipsch Educators College is nationally recognized and accredited through NCATE. Talk to us about reciprocal teaching licensure with other states.
What else do we offer?
We make a values-oriented private education affordable. Nearly 100 percent of our first-time, full-time freshmen receive financial aid in the form of institutional grants and scholarships. Scholarships and financial aid are available.
- If you are a recipient of a 2019-20 Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship (NGHES), you may be eligible for a full-tuition scholarship from Marian University. Applications open September 1 and close November 30, 2018. To apply, visit Scholartrack.
- If you are a 21st Century Scholar AND a NGHES recipient, you may be eligible for a full-tuition scholarship and free room and board from Marian University.
- Talented minority students who attend Marian University, plan to pursue a K-12 teaching career, and will teach in Marion County, Indiana for at least two years after graduation, may be eligible for the Urban Teachers Scholarship, a value worth up to $40,000 in scholarships over four years.
Not an NGHES recipient? You may be eligible for other forms of university, state, and federal financial aid and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid available at Marian University.