There's no greater opportunity to change the world than through teaching.
Are you up for the challenge?
Starting with the 2018-19 year, incoming students in the Klipsch Educators College will experience one of the most innovative teacher preparation programs in Indiana (and the nation).
If you are among them, you'll graduate with the knowledge and skills to serve as a teacher-leader who inspires young people and makes a difference in your community.
We are committed to preparing K-12 teachers who are:
- Talented in instructional delivery and skilled in classroom management.
- Experienced in building meaningful relationships with students who have diverse backgrounds and educational needs.
- Values-oriented, passionate, and proud to be educators.
Why choose Marian?
The Klipsch Educators College at Marian University is mission-driven. You can be confident knowing that we are preparing and developing educators who consistently achieve exemplary learning outcomes for all students served by our graduates and educational partners. We help students, passionate about teaching, learn what they're made of. And, our vision will position the Klipsch Educators College as a national model of excellence in the preparation and development of transformational teachers and school leaders for service to their communities.
We've adopted a fresh approach to teacher education that's transforming schools throughout the United States. Here are a few highlights:
- A five-year program that includes a one-year residency similar to those at Harvard University and New York University.
- The residency is comprised of a one-year paid teaching and mentoring experience during which you'll receive additional supervised training to connect with students in high-need schools.
- Courses are delivered in an accelerated, eight-to-ten semester format.
- High-achieving high school graduates who enter Marian with AP credit, dual credit, and/or who take summer courses may complete the program in fewer than ten semesters.
- Courses and learning outcomes are focused on building competency-based master skills.
- You will receive early, frequent, and varied classroom experience, including post-graduate mentoring from a master teacher for up to one year.
- For a global perspective on best educational practices, you will study abroad in high-performing schools.
- Upon completion, you will earn both a bachelor's and a master's degree in education.
- You will graduate with little or no student debt.
What will you study?
You will become exceptionally proficient in your chosen content area(s), including in-demand specialties like special education, mathematics, biology, and chemistry, and English as a second language.
Our hands-on, experiential degree programs include:
The Klipsch Educators College is nationally recognized and accredited through NCATE. Talk to us about reciprocal teaching licensure with other states.
What else can we offer?
We're committed to making a values-oriented private education affordable. Nearly 100 percent of our first-time, full-time freshmen receive financial aid in the form of institutional grants and scholarships. Scholarships and financial aid are available.
Find out what you're made of.
If you are considering a career in education—or if you want to sharpen your existing teaching skills with graduate study or a licensure program—talk to us. We'll help you discover what you're made of.